Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I recently purchased my 2018 JKU 3.6L last summer. Currently she has 43,300 miles on it and was a rental car in Hawaii. About 2 months after I got the car I got a P0302 code and immediately took it to the dealership since I still have the Powertrain warranty. They told me they didn’t see the code (and ran it through a couple cycles) and I went on my merry way. Now knowing more about my Jeep I assume they were just screwing me. A month ago the code came up again and I proceeded to change my spark plugs, intake gaskets, and air filter and the code went off. A week later the code pops up again so I took it to a different dealership where they told me my coil for cylinder 2 was arcing and was causing the misfire. They replaced both the plug and coil for cylinder 2. Just now the code has popped up again and I will be going back to the dealership.

Anyone know what could be causing the issue? I have seen that the 12 and 13 3.6L have had issues with heads but I have a 2018 so I am at a loss. Any input would be highly appreciated!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Any updates? I'm curious what the dealer says.

·
Registered
464 Posts
If not the plug or coil then the harness or injector.

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
I have a P0304 code. I can't get to the dealership until Apr 9. 2016 JKU 38k miles. I posted info in another thread.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So took it to the dealership today, said it was a warped cylinder head and it is covered by the power train warranty which is nice and hopefully should fix the issue. Still pissed that was not diagnosed the first couple of times I took it in but at least somethings getting done now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts