Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding down the road yesterday and all of a sudden the engine light pops in my 2006 TJ 2.4L and shuts down and would not start back up! Got he home and the code read out is P0340 which relates to the cam shaft sensor and other related things. This morning I changed out the crank shaft sensor and still will not start! Just wanted to see if anyone has had the same problem! Thanks!

·
Registered
291 Posts
I wish I could help you out with some info, but I too haven't had the issue. Sometimes it takes the jeep sages a while to find the post. I hope you can get it worked out. ps. hey from a fellow "Savannian"

·
Registered
615 Posts
Riding down the road yesterday and all of a sudden the engine light pops in my 2006 TJ 2.4L and shuts down and would not start back up! Got he home and the code read out is P0340 which relates to the cam shaft sensor and other related things. This morning I changed out the crank shaft sensor and still will not start! Just wanted to see if anyone has had the same problem! Thanks!
Have you checked your timing belt Sounds like it could be stripped or Broken,There should be a Plastic plug in the timing cover under the Cam area remove the plug & you should be able to see the bottom of the Camshaft pulleys watch as someone cranks the engine to see if they are turning they should be turning if not It's Timing Belt time

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you checked your timing belt Sounds like it could be stripped or Broken,There should be a Plastic plug in the timing cover under the Cam area remove the plug & you should be able to see the bottom of the Camshaft pulleys watch as someone cranks the engine to see if they are turning they should be turning if not It's Timing Belt time
It was the timing belt! Belt was completely gone! Is that something I can replace myself or is that something for a shop to do?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts