Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone thanks for taking your time to read and your input.
Have a 2007 JKU and its spitting out all 5 codes this morning. I have replaced at the beginning of the summer the EGR valve. The odd thing is my scanner won't pick up any of these codes!!! These are all coming from the self diagnosing on the Jeep.
Anyone want to help with a good direction to shove me in!!!!:pullinghair:
Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Not sure if this matters have an aftermarket exhaust on as well MBRP!

My guess would be that you have a ground issue. Check the ground point for the O2 sensor harness (should be grounded to the body on the passenger side firewall). I had nightmares with the O2 sensor heater circuit codes and fixed them by adding a ground strap. In my case the issue was that the previous owner had put a reman motor in and the shop that did the work grounded the O2 sensor harness to the block, not the body. Maybe when you put the new exhaust in this ground didn’t get installed correctly.

Ian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ian
I did find a ground strap that is attached on the firewall to the pax side engine block that was in bad shape. Its the one aft of the ground with the connector attached to it. Tried to see what ground that is associated with. I'm sure that I will have to do a full cycle to see if that clears. I did the self diagnose and there currently isn't any faults but the CEL flashes at the end instead of staying lite.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
The older models tend to have ground issues. I put a new ground cable from the Meg battery terminal to the alternator bracket on All our 3.8 JKS.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The older models tend to have ground issues. I put a new ground cable from the Meg battery terminal to the alternator bracket on All our 3.8 JKS.

Do you have a picture of what you do and I'll try that because for the life of me I've tried everything and no joy.:atomic:
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts