Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry all, just need to vent a minute about the emissions system on my Jeep. I've now fixed the evap purge flow code 3 times and the CEL is back on again today! I've done everything from replacing the gas tank, leak detection pump / canister and fuel management system, replaced most hoses, replaced solenoid, replaced 3 cats and exhaust and this effin code keeps coming back (a new problem each time). Frustrating! Just waiting to hear back from the shop on what the new issue is...Anyone else have these problems?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you replaced the gas cap? I know it sounds too simple but that is a common cause of that code.
I haven't replace it yet. Maybe I can get lucky and that's the issue now. I know the previous times it was in the shop, it was not the cap (at least according to my mechanic).

·
Commercial Member
5,792 Posts
I haven't replace it yet. Maybe I can get lucky and that's the issue now. I know the previous times it was in the shop, it was not the cap (at least according to my mechanic).
Yeah but all those other parts have been thrown at it to no avail! Not trying to say your mechanic does not know what he is doing but he may not know what he is doing! Lol

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah but all those other parts have been thrown at it to no avail! Not trying to say your mechanic does not know what he is doing but he may not know what he is doing! Lol
Each time the light has come on it was fixed...meaning I'd go at least a month before the light would come on again. And then it would be diagnosed as something else. I have a pretty trustworthy mechanic too.

·
KMG 365
918 Posts
Symptom
P0441-EVAP PURGE SYSTEM PERFORMANCE

When Monitored
Cold start test. Engine Running. Small leak test passed..

Set Condition
The PCM activates the EVAP Purge solenoid gradually increases to maximum flow. During flow, the PCM looks for the NVLD switch to close. If the PCM does not see the NVLD switch close at maximum flow an error is detected. Two Trip Fault.

Possible Causes

Vehicle History and Service Bulletin Investigation
Checking EVAP Purge Solenoid Functionality
EVAP Purge Vacuum Supply
Verify NVLD Operation

I kind of have to agree, you may want to take it some place else. You also could have received a bad part. I have seen new parts out of the box not work.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It ended up being a pin hole sized leak in a hose. No charge to fix. Thank God. I do have another slight issue, but I'll post a separate thread.

·
Registered
388 Posts
sounds like he knows what he's doing to me, getting his customers to pay for his new boat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts