Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Battling check engine light after an oil change. I'm thinking they hit a hose causing a leak. Tried gas cap. Having dealership look at it today.

·
Super Moderator
4,564 Posts
There is a lot of information on evap issues with the JK / JKU. The main part of the system is under the Jeep, protected by a thin bash guard.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I'm thinking they hit a hose causing a leak.
FWIW, FCA issued a service bulletin on my '16 shortly after I got it.. The dealership had to inspect the intake for excess plastic flashing that might be causing obstructions. A ham-handed tech unplugged one of the hoses and didn't plug it back in properly. A month later, I got the P0441 code.

One thing you could try is checking these two hoses and make sure they are properly plugged in.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
There is a small diameter hose that attaches near the throttle body. They probably didn't put it back on, because it does get in the way.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dealership did a smoke test and they said its the solenoid and connections there. Getting a new one Tuesday. Said it was also not where it is suppose to be. Someone moved it. Strange. It appears to be on the passenger side mounted to side of engine compartment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts