Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the remote start on the Jeep today and it immediately went off. CEL was on. Got home and scanned it and had codes 441 and 456. I had 456 about 2 months ago and put a clamp on the hose going to manifold I found as a fix in another thread and it never came back until today.

any suggestions on where to start with the combo of these 2 codes? Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to test for an evap leak. Generally that is done with smoke machine.
Thanks, was trying to avoid that if possible, but know I may end up there at some point. I just wondered if there was a common part that was easily replaced that might take care of it. The light hasn’t come back on yet so it may be intermittent. Is this really a problem I need to fix right away or more of an annoyance? FYI - we don’t have emissions testing

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could a broken hose clamp on the fuel filler tube to the gas tank be the cause of the P0456? I noticed when I was under there it appears one of the clamps is about half missing from the section closet to the drivers side rear wheel. Everything else down there seems good. Was going to replace tonight when I get home but just wondered if could be cause as code seems to throw when tank is below 1/4 and then I fill up. It usually goes on shortly after. Not every time, but I noticed when it does that’s the pattern.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts