Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Jeep Wrangler Apex and just received this code. I noticed a hose that's cracked, which is by the evap testing port. Would this cause an evap leak code?

Auto part Engine Vehicle Car Automotive engine part

Tire Automotive tire Auto part Fuel line Machine

·
▄▌ee▐▀
1,791 Posts
Yes that can cause that code to come up, I would replace it.

Also take a look at the other end of that line, where the 90 degree bend at the canister it can get the same cracks, and look at the bigger line on the left side of your pic. all 3 are prone to rotting and causing evap leaks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. I noticed the 90 degree is kinda rotted. I suppose these parts are something one would have to order from a specialty site online?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,713 Posts
You might even find them at your local auto parts store. At the least, you can try wrapping that cracked connector with tape to see if that gets rid of the code. It takes a day or two to clear once whatever it is that is causing it gets fixed. Or before you start wrapping it, disconnect the battery to reset the code in the computer. Then when you're done and ready to reconnect the battery, that code will be cleared. If the code comes back, that cracked coupler you taped up wasn't the problem.

Oh... so you don't lose your clock & radio station settings, you can instead reset the computer by just disconnecting the PCM's connector closest to the driver's side instead of the battery. Almost forgot about that alternative reset procedure.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Auto part Engine Vehicle Car

Fuel line Auto part Wire

That's the same problem I have. I bought the little canister but right before disconnecting anything I saw that hose at the bottom. Can I just disconnect the hoses and replace the hose or do I have to wait until the vehicle is cool enough so that it up is not under pressure?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts