Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am having some trouble with the CEL on my 2013 wrangler. It is throwing the P0456 small evap leak. I have tried replacing the gas cap, siliconing the gas gasket, and have checked all of the lines in the front and also in the rear from the canister. any help anyone can give would be great. How long is the warranty for emissions? I have 36,000 on it so it is out of the 3 year warranty and don't really want the dealer to take a bunch of money to diagnose it. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
get a strong LED flashlight and check all the rubber tubing around your evap canister/ fuel system hoses. check the lines going to the charcoal canister under the hood. IF you cant find anything, take it to a private shop and get them to do a "smoke test".

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
also get some fine grit sand paper and sand around the gas cap if its rusty....going through this with my wife's jeep commander grrr.... stupid evap system..

·
Registered
147 Posts
I can almost garuntee is your esim. Small electronic vent valid below next to fuel tank .. Best bet is to replace the esim and filter .. All it takes is the smallest bit of dust to lose the seal on this valve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the suggestions I think I am going to replace the purge valve and the ESIM and see what happens considering they are both pretty cheap. If those don't work it may be on to the charcoal canister. I can replace all this for less than the dealer charges to diagnose it.

·
Premium Member
6,896 Posts
Don't forget to replace the filter upstream of the ESIM switch. My dealer replaced three switches before they figured out that the cause of the failures was dirty and condensation in the ESIM filter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I've replaced the ESIM and the Gas cap as well as the gasket on the Wrangler and am still getting the code. I now get ------- on the display whenever I turn the key over to read the codes, anyone have any experience with this? I've checked all the lines and can't find any cracks or leaks in the hoses of the whole system

1 - 8 of 8 Posts