Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a very frustrating code. I've replaced these sensors CMP, CKP, MAF, & ECT and checked for vacuum leaks. Recently, the engine sounds like it is sucking air when cranking but sounds great and runs great after it starts. The diagnostic report out of my OBD software only shows a failure in the "Exhaust Gas Sensor Monitor Bank 1 - Sensor 1" but I can't find anything online referring to this sensor in a JK. If I could locate it that would be a start.

Any ideas where to look next?

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
It would be helpful if we knew what year JK and if it's the auto or the stick.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Really need to know the model year. I looked up the code for my '14 in the service manual and the description is not what you have. And the parts you replaced don't affect or cause the code you have...assuming you have a 3.6l.

The code set criteria is:
•Engine speed is 50 rpm or more (depending on vehicle specifications) below desired idle speed for at least 3 seconds and the average spark advance is above the threshold, too much spark advance, for a specified time limit.

The possible causes are:
RESTRICTED INTAKE AIR SYSTEM
LOW BATTERY VOLTAGE
FUEL CONTAMINATION
EXCESSIVE RESISTANCE IN THE ETC POSITIVE CIRCUIT
EXCESSIVE RESISTANCE IN THE ETC NEGATIVE CIRCUIT
ETC MOTOR/THROTTLE BODY
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I'm not too forum savvy!
I have a 2012, 6-speed stick, with the 3.6L engine.

The P050B is a cold start timing code. Without an oscilloscope or other instrument, I felt it best to just start replacing the sensors that might affect timing. I also forgot to mention that I have replaced the coil packs and plugs, too. And, I also ran two different brands of fuel cleaner through the tank over a 1-month period (four fill-ups). Battery is only 2 years old. New air filter. Off sequel's list above, I should replace the ETC Motor/Throttle Body and then the PCM because I am running out of options!

Thanks for the feedback and any added comments.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts