Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a P0522 on the dash.

I went to the dealership and picked up lower and upper intake gaskets and a new oil sensor.

I called the dealership and talked to service to find out if I needed to preemptively replace anything else while the intake was off and the torque specs for the upper and lower. His response was "nothing needs replacing. Just crank it down until tight."

Is that right? is there really no torque specs on the intake manifold or any other problematic pieces i need to look at?

Any input would be awesome as I'm tearing into her tomorrow or day after.

·
Premium Member
9,764 Posts
I have a P0522 on the dash.

I went to the dealership and picked up lower and upper intake gaskets and a new oil sensor.

I called the dealership and talked to service to find out if I needed to preemptively replace anything else while the intake was off and the torque specs for the upper and lower. His response was "nothing needs replacing. Just crank it down until tight."

Is that right? is there really no torque specs on the intake manifold or any other problematic pieces i need to look at?

Any input would be awesome as I'm tearing into her tomorrow or day after.
What year is your Jeep?

Perhaps you should review the motorcity mechanic youtube videos on removing and replacing the oil filter cooling housing he recently published. Although its not specifically for a Wrangler, he provides a step by step instruction on removing everything to get to the housing.

The intake manifold is different, but you can get an idea of what's required to get behind the oil filter housing.

You may want to email him and ask about the torque specs on the intake manifold.

https://youtu.be/f0doIZI-fp4

1 - 2 of 2 Posts