Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During my trip out to Ouray last month I was descending a long steep grade, Monarch Pass I believe, when my CEL illuminated. I have the 6MT and was using engine braking to control my speed down the grade. I kept the engine revs at 3k or below the entire time.

After I got the CEL I immediately checked the EVIC and noticed all the engine parameters were normal - coolant, oil pressure, etc.

Once I got to camp a few hours later I used my scan tool, and IIRC, the code I got was:

P06DE - The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) senses the oil pressure is above a calibrated minimum threshold with the Oil Pump Solenoid commanded off for 250.0 seconds. Battery voltage is above 10.9 volts, the Dual Stage Oil Pump circuit fault and stuck high fault are not active, there are no active Engine Oil Pressure sensor faults, engine running and the Oil Pump Solenoid is commanded off. When the engine oil temperature is lower, the engine speed necessary to enable the Dual Stage Oil Pump will be lower. The minimum engine speed can be between 1000-3500 rpm depending on oil temperature. Default action the MIL light illuminate.

I cleared the code, wheeled the remaining 5 days in Ouray, then another 9 days in Moab, and drove 1400 miles home, without the code ever resurfacing.

Ideas? Concerns?

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
I wouldn't worry to much about it. I reviewed the code criteria and troubleshooting. First thing is check oil level and condition. After that it looks like you replace the oil pressure sensor. Before that, I'd look to see if it's showing a reasonable pressure.

After that, the service info says to replace the oil pump.

So for now, I'd just watch and see if it comes back. Wonder if the engine being tilted for a period of time created a momentary pressure change.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts