Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody running these tires? Looking for feedback. The shop I use is recommending these and I was curious as to how the ride, handle, and wheel. Plus, how tall are they actually? Thanks.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I have them, they are not the most aggressive looking tire but they ride great and being a "P" tire they are light weight and they do not ride harsh or kill gas mileage like a "D" or "E" rated tire. I get around 18mpg around town and 20mpg on the highway.
I have them on stock wheels with no spacer, treaddepot.com has them for the best price. I believe they are exactly 32" tall, I used a Procal to set the size and that is the size that got my speedometer to match my GPS.

Attachments

·
Registered
332 Posts
I don't know about the ATs but the MTs are good on road but off road the have poor performance.

Pros
Low road noise
Long life on road

Cons
Poor mud performance
Weak tread

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well it is my wives daily driver, plus we do a lot of trail running in sand and rock, with a little mild rock crawling every now and then.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Rocjeepn said:
Well it is my wives daily driver, plus we do a lot of trail running in sand and rock, with a little mild rock crawling every now and then.
Then the might be a good choice wat about BFgoodrich ATs I like them for dd. remember for sand you don't want chunky. Nittos tires are also good

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ran Nitto's on our Xterra a few years back and they were a very good all around tire as well.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Rocjeepn said:
I ran Nitto's on our Xterra a few years back and they were a very good all around tire as well.
My friend has them on his fj so now I looking to get me some

·
Registered
496 Posts
I just left Discount Tire. They don't stock Toyos, but can order them. I asked about the Toyo Open Country AT2's. They'll match anyone's price. The AT2's aren't cheap. Discount Tire is the second shop to tell me that the AT2's are a great tire. Agressive looking for an AT. 65,000 miles, good in snow and on ice. I'm leaning that way.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I have the M/T's 275/70r18 and they were 325 a piece.. They hum a little up to 5 mph but after that they are pretty quiet.. Toyo's are cheaper at Treaddepot & Tirecrawlers.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I called Tread Depot. The Toyo Open Country A/T 2 is out of stock in 285/75-17. The next batch to come out of production will be in 2-3 weeks. I tried my local Discount Tire as well, they can get me 4, but I'd have to wait for the 5th. I'll just wait and get all 5 at the same time.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm also looking to get the AT2 toyo tire. How do they do in mud? I'm gonna be highway driving alot but want to go in the mud here and there. Also should I get the P rated or LT rated? I know the LT is heavier but are there any pros to it? Thanks!

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'm also looking to get the AT2 toyo tire. How do they do in mud? I'm gonna be highway driving alot but want to go in the mud here and there. Also should I get the P rated or LT rated? I know the LT is heavier but are there any pros to it? Thanks!
On a scale of 0-5, here are the AT2 Performance Ratings:
Dry 4.0
Wet 4.0
Off Road Traction 4.0 (incl Mud)
Tread Life 5.0
Ride Comfort 3.5
Quiet Ride 3.5
Winter Handling 4.0
Rolling Resistance 3.0

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
In this tire, the "P" rated ones have the mildest tread. The "LT" rated ones have deeper lugs and more spacing between lugs. And finally the standard sized ones (31x10.50, 33x12.50, etc.) have even more spacing between lugs. So yes there are differences between them. To me it would be a tough choice. The "P" will get significantly better mileage, but the "LT" sizes would perform better in foul weather and offroad.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts