Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:nonono: figure i would just open one instead of multiple posts. well, thought it was fixed. WRONG ANSWER. :facepalm: again, we had a good rain last night/ this morning. got in to go to work, looked over at the passenger side door. WORSE than before the first fix. same place, plus bottom of door near the front, and a few drops out of the speaker! ok. thought i would be late for work, but i wanted the service manager to see it first hand. pulled in and told him to sit in the drivers side and look over. ok. leaving it? NO. on my way to work. you will have it tomorrow morning. this will be the 2nd visit in 10 days of ownership. i can wash it. nothing. so it must be the length and volume of water causing it. i thought i got a good one? leave it to me to pick one with yeti taking leaks in it! this is starting to get me depressed. but i will go tomorrow morning and maybe say you want me to take a loaner? this way you dont have to rush it. (i go to work at 2pm). and maybe state this is visit 2. i really hope you nail it at this level. because 3 and the PA lemon law i will have no trouble using. there have been several arctic buys on here latley, with a lot of new 12's also. am i the only one with issues? post up if your having leaks. this is really killing the new jeep feeling!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I haven't had mine all that long-and this won't help you-but no leaks (yet). You could always silicone it shut in the wet months....kidding.
Oh-and which would you rather have, an Arctic with CO plates and a diet coke or a Rubicon with a 4:1 transfer case?
:D kidding-back on topic.....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Got 600 miles on our new white JKUR and when we picked it up at the dealership the passenger floorboard was soaked. They changed the seal on top of the windshield and dried the carpet. Just pulled in from a three hour drive in heavy rain to my surprise there was just the smallest amount of water on the passenger side. I think it came in through the door seal. This is our THIRD JKUR this year, an 11 and this is our second 12. I think this one is a keeper and hopefully the third time is the charm. Number one leaked like hell and the engine let go. Number two had the loud lifter noise and was Cosmos, which my wife hated. Time will tell! Have the dealer do a leak test and change appropriate seal(s). I think our next step will be floor liners to catch what does get past the seals. Good luck and happy Jeepin!

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles man....I hope it gets fixed.

When I was $800 away from a BFG Sahara JKU yesterday....I had made sure of a couple of things.

#1 - The dealer offered loaners (they did). Being nearly two hours away, I had confirmed via email with them that I won't even make the drive there if they don't, because these Jeeps do tend to the leak...and I may be forced to leave it there a couple of times to get it right. I'm pretty much expecting leaks...and I know that will eventually have to tackle them myself. It sucks that a brand new +$35,000 vehicle leaks...but it is what it is with this/these type of top(s).

#2 - Before we went on a test drive, I opened the doors and checked the floors and pillars for water. I found some on the B pillar (on a Jeep with 1 mile on it) and pointed it out. It would not have stopped my purchase...but I would have let the dealer know that it already had a leak which would need to be addressed in the future.

Hopefully your dealer makes it right.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its up there. i did check my build date. 10/11 i did explain this is after a long rain. i know there was a recall for the door seal in 10-11. any one have a copy of this? but i am sure they ran my vin. hope this second visit produces results. :banghead:

·
Registered
137 Posts
After the first wash, both of my seats were wet. I'm positive that the doors were closed correctly, but for some reason, after the second wash everything was dry.

I plan to sit inside and have my wife hose down the doors and top in a few days to see if I can figure out where it is coming from.

·
Registered
22 Posts
No leaks thus far in my Arctic unlimited, it was washed once at pickup (dealer) and once myself since.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have a '12 Arctic and I have had no issues with leaks. My Jeep has seen a couple decent Florida rains which are pretty strong compared to most of the US.
One thing I noticed from Day 1 with my Jeep is that if the top is on as well as the Freedom Tops you have to forcible shut the door. Pretty much slam them so I figure there is a pretty good seal.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have a '12 Arctic and I have had no issues with leaks. My Jeep has seen a couple decent Florida rains which are pretty strong compared to most of the US.
One thing I noticed from Day 1 with my Jeep is that if the top is on as well as the Freedom Tops you have to forcible shut the door. Pretty much slam them so I figure there is a pretty good seal.
I noticed this as well on my new '12 JK, you absolutely have to SLAM the doors each time! Passengers are like wtf? But anyway they must have changed the seals on the later builds as I have no leaks either.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i think we made some progress today. they found the area where its getting in. indeed, a new door seal is needed. when a dealer orders this a red flag appears to call chrysler. so it is the passenger side recall that is out. when i picked it, they were waiting to hear back from chrysler. so at this point i sit tight till i hear back from the dealer. then go in and get the new one installed. and hopefully end of the drama!

·
Registered
848 Posts
'12s are NOT supposed to suffer from that recall. It was only the '11s afaik....

Hope they fix it for you.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
'12s are NOT supposed to suffer from that recall. It was only the '11s afaik....

Hope they fix it for you.
thats what i thought? but being this was my 2nd visit, i could tell they took it more serious. again, my floorboard was never flooded, but the top of the door and bottom (after the door adjustment made it worse) is where its leaking. they claim they found where its leaking. sounds like chrysler is involved now, so i really hope the next visit cures it! again, waiting to hear from the dealer to bring it in.....

this is really draining on a new vehicle, but i hope its fixed at this level.

·
Registered
848 Posts
These things are so difficult and time consuming to fix. One rain will cause a leak and the next it's fine. So far mine has been leak free but I know it's only a matter of time once the t-tops come off. Those arctics are so hot! Love to have one myself but too rich for my blood. I hope they fix it for you. Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
These things are so difficult and time consuming to fix. One rain will cause a leak and the next it's fine. So far mine has been leak free but I know it's only a matter of time once the t-tops come off. Those arctics are so hot! Love to have one myself but too rich for my blood. I hope they fix it for you. Let us know what happens.
will do. comming up on two weeks of ownership, and i LOVE the arctic! cant believe how much they evolved from 07. but they had 5 years to address these leaks! for sure. this has to be fixed! :banghead:

and it is a tough one. washing/no. tested it before buying/no. it has to sit out for a length of time to show up. again, the dealership said they found it yesterday. now its just time to repair it!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
touched base with the dealer yesterday. from what i gather with them talking to chrysler, i will be getting a TSB done where they modify the door seal. i have read what they do here or somewhere? if anyone had this done, chime in. i go in friday morning. i really hope this is the end of this drama. :thumb:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Haven't seen any real heavy rain as of yet, just a short typical Florida rain storm for about an hour.

My 4 door Yeti wagon has tuff seals on the doors too.

I removed the freedom top 1 time but have not yet rain tested the jeep, I think I'll run the pressure washer 1 time this weekend for good measure before Tuesdays first service visit.
1k on the ticker time for a lube'y job'y :cool:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
be afraid. be very afraid. :hide: good thing i took a vacation day today. well, i got it up there at 8am. did not hear anything till around 4pm. i can only tell you what i know, which is not a lot. i guess the first repar/tsb did not work. something about the wrong sealer? i could have picked it up today, and took it back up tomorrow morning. or just leave it there to be finished tomorrow morning. they said we have what we need now for the repair. i chose just to leave it, to be finished by noon tomorrow. thats all i know. on a good note, they seem not to let it go till it is repaired right. more on the repair when i get it back.....

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
got it back after noon today. service manager ran it to me, and i ran him back up. my work order will be mailed to me. he stated it was a combo of the door seal mod and skipped sealer from the factory, and readjusted the door. they ran over 3 hours worth of water on it, and found it good to go. i think they took it more serious this time, being it was the 2nd. visit. i hope this is the end of the DRAMA! :nonono: i really missed it for the day and a half. :redface: got it home and gave it a much needed bath/full tank of gas/ and installed the mopar entry guards. and called it good. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts