Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the 7 circuit Painless Fuse block for a 2014 Wrangler Rubicon. One wire has to connect to an existing fuse that is switched to activate the relay. I just ran the wire to a fuse and when I closed the cover it almost cut thru the wire. I am not comfortable leaving the cover closed on the wire since the fuse panel seems to have a seal to make it waterproof. I could connect to the cig lighter wire but don't know how to access it. Another idea is to drill a small hole in the side of the fuse panel and run the wire thru the hole and sealing with silicone. Any ideas?

·
Registered
907 Posts
I purchased the 7 circuit Painless Fuse block for a 2014 Wrangler Rubicon. One wire has to connect to an existing fuse that is switched to activate the relay. I just ran the wire to a fuse and when I closed the cover it almost cut thru the wire. I am not comfortable leaving the cover closed on the wire since the fuse panel seems to have a seal to make it waterproof. I could connect to the cig lighter wire but don't know how to access it. Another idea is to drill a small hole in the side of the fuse panel and run the wire thru the hole and sealing with silicone. Any ideas?
I have the same set up, I ran the wire in thru the end of the fuse box ( engine side ) then drilled hole thru
divider inside box ran wire thru that to fuse. That way it stays low and top closes perfect . No pinching.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A hole it is. A little silicone and I will be all set. I just hate drilling holes. I bought a Cobra 75 WX ST instead of drilling and mounting my old radio and didn't like any of the mounts available.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh and thanks guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts