Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking to touch up the chips and scratches to the paint of my TJ. It's an '03 Rubi that is the metallic shale green. The color code says PGR, so I ordered Mopar PGR. I applied said PGR and it's not exactly the same color.

Anyone got any suggestions on paint that would come close? I've heard that some nail polishes come close, but I'm not sure I want to go that route yet or what color to even look at that would closely resemble my jeep's paint.

·
Registered
16,932 Posts
So I'm looking to touch up the chips and scratches to the paint of my TJ. It's an '03 Rubi that is the metallic shale green. The color code says PGR, so I ordered Mopar PGR. I applied said PGR and it's not exactly the same color.

Anyone got any suggestions on paint that would come close? I've heard that some nail polishes come close, but I'm not sure I want to go that route yet or what color to even look at that would closely resemble my jeep's paint.
have you tried O'Reilly. they mixed my wifes tahoe and it was really close. doubt you will ever get perfect because of the clear coat makes it shine

Reactions: tj slipper

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Your paint has been fading for 17 years... new paint of the same code will be the color the jeep was new, not now...

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I have a bottle of the Mopar touch up paint and you can’t even tell the difference. I scraped up my door hinges and they look good as new minus the gouges. I’ve always has good luck with the factory stuff.

Whatever you do decide to try next be careful with the Duplicolor stuff. I painted my corner armor to match and well.. it came out very different as you can see in the pic. Your best bet is probably going to an automotive paint shop and having some stuff made to match.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Any auto paint store can match the paint perfectly for you. That's the only way to match faded paint. I used some on my 99' Sahara fender flare.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts