Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the code on my door jam is PLC. I have a 2015 JKU in Sunburst Orange. I'm trying to buy some touch up paint as my wife opened the door into a piece of metal, luckily no dent!!

I search PLC and get Hemi Orange Clearcoat....yet I get code FLC/LC on Amazon for 2015 Wrangler sunset orange pearlcoat.

Help!!

I want to order it and get these scratches fixed up!!

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Chrysler re-uses paint codes for different colors. That's just the unfortunate way it is.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I saw that they reused them. Just not sure what to order now for touch up paint. I'll just call my dealer and ask them to get it

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
And be prepared to get the WRONG paint. Hydro blue is a reused paint code and the first time I ordered, I got the wrong one. Parts guy had to call Chrysler and they had to 'do something' to mark the order as hydro rather than Atlantic Blue. :nonono:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And be prepared to get the WRONG paint. Hydro blue is a reused paint code and the first time I ordered, I got the wrong one. Parts guy had to call Chrysler and they had to 'do something' to mark the order as hydro rather than Atlantic Blue. :nonono:
Exactly why I was trying to figure out for myself!!

So frustrating.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Exactly why I was trying to figure out for myself!!

So frustrating.
Yeah... Like there aren't enough alphanumeric codes available to NOT have to reuse paint codes? :nonono:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Paintscratch.com has my year, my color as code LC/FLC as well! But my door jam has PLC! Do I not really have a Sunburst Orange!!??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts