Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 Wrangler code is psb bright silver metallic, there are 2 bright silver metallics the other code is ps2. When I went to dealer years ago to have panel repaired on another psb tj, their paint job came out way grey, they redid it to match. I just purchased Mopar psb to paint some holes I'm patching. I tested paint and sure enough toooo grey.

My question, could I possibly have the ps2 code? Anyone have this issue with their silver Jeep? it does look lighter on a Swatch I seen online. Not sure if I should order another code or go get Jeep paint matched up at those paint shops.

Frustrating

Thank you
(I have posted this question on another site and 2 others have same issue with the psb code. One mentioned trying the ps2 and was still dark.
Has anyone found out what code is the proper color?)
Thank you

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I didn't have this issue with the jeep but one of my Hyundais (gray metallic) had a "unicorn color" more in to blue, no oem touch up paint was even close and paint shops couldn't mach by the code they had to use a device to "read" the paint from the car.
I went to the dealership and found a car with same color code, parked near it, and it was visible that those are two different colors. Mine was nicer though :)
So it happens, colors are sometimes a little different during production. Maybe they painted a blue one before mine who knows.

·
Registered
578 Posts
The new paint could be spot on but time and sun have changed the original paint a few shades. Only way to truly match is a body shop mix

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Also you need to have to correct color of sealer under the paint...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Silver and white are the 2 of the hardest colors to match. Even by code. Even the method and tool you apply it with will change the color enough to be visible.
I agree, and then you add metallic to the equation and it makes it even harder to match it. You'll probably need to buy a small portion of each of those codes and see which one matches best. Then blend a larger potion of the panel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts