Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't had my Jeep for even 4 months and the bumper paint is starting to crack. I know for a fact I did not hit or anything. The car is still under warranty can I go to the dealership and say something?!

Attachments

·
Banned
1,962 Posts
That's just a plastic insert on the bumper. Call your dealership, and see what they say. If no, go on Craigslist or eBay to find a replacement- MIGHT cost $50, max. But I doubt it'll be under warranty, as it's not through anything structural- Mark W.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
I would just get some touch up paint and not worry about it.

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
Looks like a paint chip cause by impact. I would just touch it up. If you had discovered it at delivery, they would have replaced it, but I doubt they would do anything about it now. There is going to be dents and dings. My door entry areas are getting scratched up. I'm thinking about lining it. Eventually the carpets will be out and the whole thing will get lined.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I would just get rid of those silver accents! :D Sold mine on eBay for a decent price, even chipped you could do ok.

·
Premium Member
3,182 Posts
It does look like something chipped it. I would go to your dealer and order a new one if it bothers you. I just priced out both of those inserts, cost is $78 for rear.

Or find a a used one online.

·
Just a kid at heart...
14,315 Posts
What does it look like underneath? I was thinking of painting them flat black until I get new bumpers. How hard is it to remove them?

·
Registered
486 Posts
What does it look like underneath? I was thinking of painting them flat black until I get new bumpers. How hard is it to remove them?
It's black underneath, looks way better in my opinion. It's held on there by about 20 torx screws between the front and back insert. On the rear bumper you need to loosen the actual bumper to get at the screws. Not hard, should take you 20 min.

·
Premium Member
3,182 Posts
It's black underneath, looks way better in my opinion. It's held on there by about 20 torx screws between the front and back insert. On the rear bumper you need to loosen the actual bumper to get at the screws. Not hard, should take you 20 min.

I have no mechanical inclination and I figure it will take me 45.

Zombie, aren't you afraid of ripping that front plate off?

·
Registered
486 Posts
pato1031 said:
Zombie, aren't you afraid of ripping that front plate off?
Definitely. I removed the accent a few days after I bought the jeep, and drilled new holes so the bottom of the plate is now where the top was. For some reason the original owner thought that was a good place to hang it :)

·
Just a kid at heart...
14,315 Posts
Thanks for the info.

Took me 30 minutes. Had to drop the rear bumper because of the hitch. I like it much better this way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts