Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, I've got new Poison Spyder diff covers coming in the mail and was thinking about painting them blue. Wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a paint that will hold up under there? Thank you

·
Super Moderator
5,172 Posts
I have great luck with old fashioned Krylon. Other spray paints don't work as well for me.
But the key to any good paint job is the preparation. Make sure the metal is thoroughly cleaned, sanded / scuffed, and primed. Lightly scuff or sand the primer, then paint.
If you have access to better paints, like automotive style paints, urethane paints should hold up better.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Just did this. Krylon and preparation. I just did the Spyder on my black ones. I did that by hand, slowly, several coats, then hit it with about 3 coats of clear. I cannot tell you how long they will last, but if they make it to the next oil change under there I'll be good, because I can just remove them at that point.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I used Krylon brush on enamel to paint the spider on mine. Like GuzziMoto said take the time to prep them properly first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts