Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Jeep for a year, and never noticed this. At the top of my passenger fender, under the short piece of cowling is a line of primer with no paint. Anyone else notice this?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
There is a lengthy thread somewhere around here with people saying parts of their Jeep have thin paint/primer showing where hood hinges are etc. But yours looks BAD! Sure it is not wax? (sure looks like primer though, figured I'd ask) I'd see about a warranty fix if I were you, that's BS right there.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Don't have primer showing on mine. :nonono:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It does not extend under the hood. Stops at the edge of the short piece of cowling. Looks like their is a tack weld where the cowling attaches to the top of the vendor. It is actually ob both side, but the drivers side is a very thin line. Guess I had noticed before, but probably just thought is was dust/dirt that had not been cleaned.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I fixed this myself. I ordered a can of spray from Q-tech in my color code. Taped everything off, and gave it 2 coats over the primer that was showing. Came out perfect, and I went ahead and fixed both sides.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Oh cool. Might have to get some cosmos blue if it matches that well.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I've got primer showing on mine as well. Pull your cowl off theres almost no paint under mine. Think I will get a spray bomb and paint mine as well. Looks like mine got painted with all parts in place no paint under hood or fenders either.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is Mopar paint, with factory color code so match is perfect. Paint does leave alot to be desired as a whole. It also looks like there is no paint between the hinge and doors on mine either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts