Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever put a coat of paint in their wheel wells or on the linkage or anything like that? Winter is approaching soon ad i was thinking anything to help prevent the road salt from getting at it. .

thoughts, comments or threats appreciated :)

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
yes,I have painted wheel wells,frames,axles,springs,linkages,most everything under them before..I don't have snow or road salt to deal with but it sure makes one look a lot better and it sure couldn't hurt anything..use a rust preventive paint and put several coats..I like satin black

·
Registered
500 Posts
Im very interested in this too as I am from wisconsin and would like to under body coat my jeep. I have painted linkage and some steering components. I used the universal flat black with the different primers, i also used Krylon Epoxy enamel paint with good success in the wear and scratch department.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you very much!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
POR stands for "Paint Over Rust" - clean rust if you know what I mean. I lightly sanded off the loose stuff and washed it - painted directly on top. They sell a few different versions - get the UV resistant stuff. You can find it on Amazon for some good deals. Remember that a little goes along way - don't over buy.

·
Registered
64 Posts
wow your frame looks great! I lived in michigan for a few years and trying to keep up with the road salt was a battle from hell. So if i clean the frame as good as i can, then por15 it, you can paint over that?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Done - will post results soon but looks really really good! :)

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts