Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this is my first post i just started working on my dads 93 yj that he has had sitting for ten years its a 4.0 and engine is running strong so far i havent done much and i am just learning as i go i am sixteen and know only what i have figured out so far:).

I have cleaned all the inside,there is no carpeting,replaced seatbelts, changed wiper motor,added new rollbar covers,removed original soundbar,added a temp. horn button cause the one in the wheel no longer works(corroded beyond repair), new head/tail lights, oil change and lightweight maitinence, i had the master clutch cylinder changed and accidently broke the threads of the shifter trying to take the knob of:doh: also installed new head unit in prep. for vdc six speaker soundbar, some black 15's in the mail for now plans to lift later.

anyways this brings me to my point

i dont know if it has just faded but my dash now looks grey and black instead of all black like this all metal one and i was wondering if i could paint it to look like this but if i do what kind of paint i should use

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
i'm not sure about the dash proper but all of the plastic parts are paintable. use a good highh end paint.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Krylon Fusion. You can get it at Home Depot, I don't think Lowes carries it. I just painted my fender flares and sidesteps with it and they look better than new. I now want to paint my bumpers since the flares look so good.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
i think ace carries it too.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Do a lot of prep work so it doesn't just flake off.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wal Mart has the paint cheapest, Be sure to see if its semi gloss or gloss I did my flares withe the shinny and I wish I didn't. I also painted the milk jugs, grill inserts and headlight bezels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts