Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want new diff covers but can't buy them right now so i painted them green and the bolts and plugs black.also painted the axle, steering, and driveshafts black.

Green Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Tire

Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Auto part

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used a flap wheel on my 4" grinder and took all the stock paint off. 3 coats of white sandable primer.then 3 coats of neon green spray paint from home depot.i probably should of put a clear coat but i didn't. Its holding up nice. I plan on getting new diff covers. This should hold me off untill then..

Attachments

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I painted my tow hooks red to get a touch of color ... and i completely took apart my dash and painted all the random silver and grey crap black ... now my cab is black and red ... i try to keep it mostly black though ... i don't want to go overboard on the red cuz then it just looks dumb

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Painting the dash is a good idea. Did you sand it, use plastic primer, then paint it, and clear coat it.

Gonna be taking my dash of real soon to put a new heater core.it would be a great time to do that...

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
No cuz I am lazy lol ... I wasn't even sure if I was going to like it ... most of it was black already ... i just had some grey pieces that i had to paint ... now that I know I like it ... here soon ... (prob once I get a cb so I have a reason to pull it apart again) I am going to do it right ... Rustoleum has some rattle can bedliner that I like to use because it's textured and tough ... I'm gonna redo the black in that and use red plastidip or a matte paint for the red ... I've decided I don't like gloss

·
Registered
198 Posts
Painting the dash is a good idea. Did you sand it, use plastic primer, then paint it, and clear coat it.

Gonna be taking my dash of real soon to put a new heater core.it would be a great time to do that...
there is a thread on here with tons of info on repainting the dash, i think it's called "tired of your interior? change it!"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts