Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this mod? I really dislike that the interior is white. I was thinking a fer cans of matte black could cover the interior. Any suggestions will help?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had some spray painted items in the back seat of my jeep for about 2 days.... it took a good while to get the smell out. I could imagine that spraying an item in the jeep would smell worse. I want to do it to but have held off. I was also thinking about covering the inside with pages torn out of playboy mags...

·
Registered
78 Posts
I felt the same. Installed the Rugged Ridge top insulation kit which covered most of the white area, improved temperature control and reduced sound. Will post pics

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
From all I've read key to a long lasting paint job is prep. Rub the interior down with rubbing alcohol real good, mask off and use a flat black paint that is good for painting plastic. I'm going to do this during the summer when I'm running without the hard top and it's hanging in the air.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'm doing just the freedom panels when it warms up outside. I also would suggest a headliner kit. A lot less area to paint and a big difference in interior noise.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going to test out some plastidip on the freedom panels first. It's only $5 a can and if I don't like it I can peel it.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Or save yourself a bunch of time and effort and get a black Spiderweb Shade and leave it on with the Hard top. You can't see the white top and you've got a sun shade when you take the top off. 99 bucks, I think. I'd pay 99 bucks not to prep and paint my hard top.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I found a local body shop that will paint the interior flat black for $80. I might just go that and ride topless for a few weeks.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I am thinking of doing this. Does anyone one have pictures? Did it make a difference? How did the plastidip work out? That was kinda what I was thinking about...

·
Registered
92 Posts
I plasti dipped mine about 2 years ago, I think it worked awesome. There are a couple spots on the back edges that could use a touch up, because my hard top hangs most of the summer. The beauty of the plasti dip is I can touch it up easily and you don't see the touch ups.
I don't think there is any noticeable change in heat/cool or road noise, it's just not thick enough for that.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts