Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Biggest problem I had with my jku since day 1 has been the awful looking Khaki hardtop. Well a few weeks ago after I had a little too much drink I tried a wrinkle paint that came out horrible. Well this past Saturday with more prep work a different paint and less alcohol I fixed my problem of that khaki top. Figured I'd share this was all done with a semi gloss can spray. I really like the slightly shinier finish against my color. Excuse the dirty jeep. Next project will be remove plastidip from grill and wheels and do same thing

Attachments

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
the khaki hard top on the JK just looks like a faded black top. This painted one looks much better.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I actually like the khaki top, I'd have preferred one to my black top. Would add a new look when I switch out the premium soft top(jet black) for the hard top.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea funny thing is around me there are at least 4 other khakis tops in a 2 mile radius. I hated it I think only was made in 08 I could be wrong guess wasn't a big seller for jeep. Paint shop wanted 650 to repaint for that if prob would have just bought a new soft top. Took me about 40$ in spray cans

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually like the khaki top, I'd have preferred one to my black top. Would add a new look when I switch out the premium soft top(jet black) for the hard top.
The only one that looked good around me actually was in a black jku that has rims lift ect all others were same color as mine

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Yea funny thing is around me there are at least 4 other khakis tops in a 2 mile radius. I hated it I think only was made in 08 I could be wrong guess wasn't a big seller for jeep. Paint shop wanted 650 to repaint for that if prob would have just bought a new soft top. Took me about 40$ in spray cans
Nice!!! I paint a lot of stuff on the TJ with rattle cans...and after a few good coats and a couple good hot days I can even go through the car wash!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Is it possible to get a few pics posted with a clean Jeep, and the sun in the correct position? It's difficult to make out.

PS. Any pics from the drunken wrinkle paint job?

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
Looks good! Yeah the khaki was a 2007 and 2008 option only. It only came on dark red, black, and dark green I believe too so it was kind of rare but it looks great with the black top and at the end of the day it only matters if you're happy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts