Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to relocate my steering stabilizer before I do any serious off road activity. I do not want to replace the OEM stabilizer until necessary for performance with a lift or it is plain worn out. That said, It isn't too pretty, so I was thinking about painting it. Will that reduce performance in any way, such as appropriate heat dissipation? I don't think it is as sensitive as shocks but wanted to make sure. I have seen that painting shocks is not a good idea because of potential heat dissipation issues.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I am going to relocate my steering stabilizer before I do any serious off road activity. I do not want to replace the OEM stabilizer until necessary for performance with a lift or it is plain worn out. That said, It isn't too pretty, so I was thinking about painting it. Will that reduce performance in any way, such as appropriate heat dissipation? I don't think it is as sensitive as shocks but wanted to make sure. I have seen that painting shocks is not a good idea because of potential heat dissipation issues.
if you are creating enough heat from your SS to worry about heat dissipation, you dont need to worry about the paint, you need to worry about a new vehicle

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sneck said:
if you are creating enough heat from your SS to worry about heat dissipation, you dont need to worry about the paint, you need to worry about a new vehicle
That is what I figured, thank for the input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts