Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Teraflex Big Rotor Kit for the front (not yet installed), and am waiting on the rear rotors to arrive in the mail. As part of my research in the forums it seemed that most were satisfied with the performance of the BRK, but some complained that the rotor rusted quickly. The rotors are coated, but I don‘t know what the coating is - eCoat, perhaps?

I am considering hitting the hat of the calipers with some brake caliper paint, with the idea in mind that it might add some corrosion resistance. I was wondering if anyone had ever tried to paint over this coating. Does anyone know if I could paint directly over this coating and get good adherence?

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Scuff 'em up and paint 'em.
All these Chinese parts rust up pretty quick

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Just scuff it up good with something like a 3M Scotch-Brite and you should be golden.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I've recently used a high temp spray paint in cast color, which would be the same as the tf rotor hat color, You have to heat in an oven to cure. I used on my caliper bracket on my new G2 set. So far looks great after seven months. Picked up at an auto supply store.

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
I thought high temp spray paint meant it could withstand high temps, not high temp to cure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts