Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Painted Jeep brand Slush floor mats

Just thought I'd share if anyone was interested:

I got bored with my all black slush mats, so I painted all of the tread and the Jeep logos. They came out nice, not sure how long it will last though.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I gotta admit, I rolled my eyes when I read the title of the thread. But now that I see the finished result I have to say that they do look pretty cool. Keep us posted on how long the effect lasts, I may want to try this if I don't have to touch 'em up too often.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I gotta admit, I rolled my eyes when I read the title of the thread. But now that I see the finished result I have to say that they do look pretty cool. Keep us posted on how long the effect lasts, I may want to try this if I don't have to touch 'em up too often.
+2, but after seeing them I'm thinking they'd look good in my yella jeep.

I'm interested to see how they hold up.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the compliments!

I looked online for a little guidance on painting rubber and I couldn't find much. Since I was only painting the treads on the mats I couldn't use a spray paint. I ended up using an oil based primer and then the purple and gold are both a Glidden exterior paint. After the one coat of primer I ended up being most satisfied after 4 thin coats of the colors. I used one of the foam chisel tip brushes to paint. I just put them back in my Jeep this morning. So we'll see how well they hold up.

No, not a Lakers fan, I'm in South Louisiana - so it's LSU colors!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Like other people here I saw the topic and thought to myself "why would any fool want to paint his floor mats?"

I am glad I looked at this thread. That is very cool looking. Many people eager to see how they hold up. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wow I like that. It adds a nice personal touch without looking like a Honda. Now I wanna do mine to match my deep cherry red exterior!!! They'd look great I think with that dark red and black...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks again everyone!

I'll go outside and take some pictures of them back in the Jeep shortly and post.

No, I didn't mask anything off. The foam brush I used had a chisel tip and was about 3/4" wide. I went with light coats each time, so there was never any issues with it dripping. I did the primer and first coat the first day and did an additional thin coat each evening after and kept them inside to dry away from trash/grass and our South Louisiana humidity.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
+2, but after seeing them I'm thinking they'd look good in my yella jeep.

I'm interested to see how they hold up.
Like other people here I saw the topic and thought to myself "why would any fool want to paint his floor mats?"

I am glad I looked at this thread. That is very cool looking. Many people eager to see how they hold up. Keep us posted!
+100000
I passed on this thread two doezn times because I kept thinking....what jack-arse would paint their (I was thinking entire) slushmat?

But I'm also glad I clicked on this thread. That looks really cool.

:thumb:

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I passed on this thread two doezn times because I kept thinking....what jack-arse would paint their (I was thinking entire) slushmat?

But I'm also glad I clicked on this thread. That looks really cool.

:thumb:
+1

While I'm not a fan of your particular color choice, I like the originality and it looks like you took your time and paid attention to the details.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts