Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys - my DV8 inner fenders arrive tomorrow and I'm thinking of painting the mesh behind the DV8 logo a different color than the stock aluminum it comes in.

Any recommendations on how to do that? Is it just as simple and priming and a few coats of spray paint?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
If you really want to spray paint.. Find a texture of webbing which you like and use it as a template then place the template over the item, and spray over, through the material. I would suggest that you run a test on a part or another product first just to see if this will fit your desired look.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, I get what you mean by painting the mesh. Have you gotten yours yet? I just took mine off and got some rustoleum primer and the color I want, along with some fine grit sand paper (around 300). If you haven't done already, I will probably give the primer and paint a shot tonight! Let me know if it worked for you if you've done it already!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just painted the mesh on my Crawler Conceptz inner fenders. I got some 800 grit sandpaper and scuffed them up. Then I sprayed them with some paint + primer that I got at Home Depot. They turned out pretty dang good.

Link to Picture

Can we not user Imgur to link images any more? Ugh.

Reactions: n3tfury

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ended up painting them fine, the install is where the things I hear about the factory paint chipping came true.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts