Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a 3 day trip in Panamint this past weekend, one of the best trips I've been on. Goler wash, and Isham canyon were awsome. Isham might be the best trail Ive ever been on, every obsticle tougher than the one before it, the pictures dont even come close to doing it justice.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Isham is a beast. :thumb: I really need to run it again now that I have ONE locker haha. Last time out I was open/LSD, and made it all the way through except for the damn "V-notch/wall" there at the end.

I haven't ran it yet, but I have heard that there is a trail called "Cummins Cutoff" out there that is probably on the same level as Isham, if not harder.

·
Read Only
2,599 Posts
This trail is on my list, looks great. I here it is very long and compares to the Rubicon if not even harder. Looking forward to running it!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Isham is a beast. :thumb: I really need to run it again now that I have ONE locker haha. Last time out I was open/LSD, and made it all the way through except for the damn "V-notch/wall" there at the end.

I haven't ran it yet, but I have heard that there is a trail called "Cummins Cutoff" out there that is probably on the same level as Isham, if not harder.
Probably going back in the spring, I'll have to check it out......not to bad of a trip either, only 2-2.5 hours from my house.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
also saw about 30 of these guys, a bobcat, and a sidewinder.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
BillG.OTD said:
This trail is on my list, looks great. I here it is very long and compares to the Rubicon if not even harder. Looking forward to running it!
Are you talking about isham? It is tough but i can't compare to the rubicon since I've never been...however isham only took me and one other rig about two hours to finish.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
I hear yah...Panamint is one of my all time favorite places to wheel & explore ....simply beautiful up there!
We've been going there for years...

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Now that I'm thinking about it...we're heading up to PV on November 7th8/12th for week of wheelin .....sweet!

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Yeah...that would be funny....I could see it now...going out to play and explore only find hundreds of people in the Valley and the trails r like parking lots...lol

·
Read Only
2,599 Posts
Are you talking about isham? It is tough but i can't compare to the rubicon since I've never been...however isham only took me and one other rig about two hours to finish.
Actually I had the wrong trail. I want to wheel this area as well, but I was thinking Dusy Ershim when I said that!

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Actually I had the wrong trail. I want to wheel this area as well, but I was thinking Dusy Ershim when I said that!
Dusy is a little north from PV ;). I can see how you can mix them up though...isham/ershim.

After the first of the year, I've talked to a few friends about setting up a run out there...so keep an eye out :thumb:

·
Read Only
2,599 Posts
Dusy is a little north from PV ;). I can see how you can mix them up though...isham/ershim.

After the first of the year, I've talked to a few friends about setting up a run out there...so keep an eye out :thumb:
Will do. Yeah, Stan and I were talking about getting that trail in next year as well as Rubicon. Heard lots of good things, Im told its a long trail. Not sure how many overnights it would take.

·
Read Only
2,599 Posts
Now that I'm thinking about it...we're heading up to PV on November 7th8/12th for week of wheelin .....sweet!
I checked that out on line, looks line a fun weekend! They have several trails and the harder one requires double locked and 33s. Id like to check it out!

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Yeah u'll need a good jeep and a few day to run all of the Dusy....but its a lot of fun..!
If u've never been to PVD's then u definitely owe it to urself to go ...SO much to see and wheel...O and the fighter jets!! ...doing their exercises r awesome!

·
Read Only
2,599 Posts
Yeah u'll need a good jeep and a few day to run all of the Dusy....but its a lot of fun..!
If u've never been to PVD's then u definitely owe it to urself to go ...SO much to see and wheel...O and the fighter jets!! ...doing their exercises r awesome!
Sounds great! I would pobably go, but Im going to Desert Splash in Parker the same weekend!

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Yeah...Desert Splash is always a good time ...!
I'm not sure what u have for a jeep but both the Rubicon & Dusy r very tuff trails and u'll need at least 35s ( preferably 37 or bigger) with lockers front & rear along with at least 4:1 box and a good week to spend for each trail...but man r they fun!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts