Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I put the image of where the area just pops out u have a mic lined through the area but just that specific spot pops out occasionally during summer heat. Is there a way around it by any chance to keep it in place so i dont constantly got to pop it back?

·
Super Moderator
8,195 Posts
I live in Phoenix. Hot is an understatement. But I dont have anything popping out?

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
I'm guessing he means the windshield header trim. Not sure there's anything that can be done there.

·
Registered
165 Posts
:popcorn::p

Reactions: ChuffHugginLoognat

·
Grooving With A Pict
2,493 Posts

I put the image of where the area just pops out u have a mic lined through the area but just that specific spot pops out occasionally during summer heat. Is there a way around it by any chance to keep it in place so i dont constantly got to pop it back?
If you're talking about the freedom panels, you don't have the latch turned the correct way. The shorter leg of the L-shaped latch should be turned 90 degrees from how you're showing it, so it fits tight against the footman's loop. :blackeye

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
If you're talking about the freedom panels, you don't have the latch turned the correct way. The shorter leg of the L-shaped latch should be turned 90 degrees from how you're showing it, so it fits tight against the footman's loop. :blackeye
Looks correct to me. The 07-08 JKs locked to themselves instead of the footman's loop. Maybe that's what you're referring to?

·
Grooving With A Pict
2,493 Posts
Mine is a 17' so this is how I'm used to seeing it. Still seems like the shorter leg would press tight up against the footman's loop. Just because the footman's loop is rotated 90 degrees from the older JK's why wouldn't it work the same?

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Sorry guys, this specific area. I have a line for an external microphone for my aftermarket unit through there and maybe that may be why? But its so thin that it shouldnt be so i suspect it may be heat

1 - 12 of 12 Posts