Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I just finished the SYE install/upper control arms [ to adjusted pinion angle of about 25degrees] and all went well except a few hiccups on a bolt I had to grind off the front ds double cardan and...

I snapped the top left shim away from the oil tube...dont' ask how :banghead:

is my oil pump tube still connected? how to tell? there's no noise or griding while I drive. Its pretty smooth now and I got rid of my t-case drop too [anyone want to buy it cheap?]

ALSO...

How do I know if my shocks are ok since I adjusted the pinion? I havent been able to test the flex yet.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just put the same Tom woods on my 97 Did you replace the O-ring or did the line hold tight ? Before installing the pump and tailshaft cover I wondered the same thing As long as you didn't raise up on the pump when installing it it can't fall out I didn't worry as much about the shocks as I did the springs being bowed out toward the rear after adjusting my pinion angle I find that every time that I do something to my jeep there is more to do Next thing I'll do is install 10 degree wedge shims to my lower spring mounts but I think that the shocks are ok

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
man how were those snap rings, huh!!??!! haha as for the home mechanic I am I didn't even remember to use locktite...but I did torque to spec...oh well

Ya the o-ring was actually still intact to the oil pump, so I left it in. Oh man time to look at the springs now...<smacks head>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts