Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my wife and I are considering a move in about a year to the Paris, TX area from CA. I'm kind of spoiled being about 80 miles from the Rubicon Trail and a bunch of other great rock crawling trails here in CA. What am I looking at as far as wheeling goes if we make this move?

Can't wait to get out of CA, just hate to give up my hobby.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
You will be about an hour and a half from Barnwell mountain. It has all levels of trails, from easy riding to really hairy. Great ORV park, but dusty if you go when it hasn't rained in a bit. I have been twice this spring and looking forward to the next time I can get up there. It is a 5 + hour trip each way for us from central Texas.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will be about an hour and a half from Barnwell mountain. It has all levels of trails, from easy riding to really hairy. Great ORV park, but dusty if you go when it hasn't rained in a bit. I have been twice this spring and looking forward to the next time I can get up there. It is a 5 + hour trip each way for us from central Texas.
Appreciate the info...that would work. My daughter's family live in Hot Springs, AR so we're thinking of kind of looking around on the east side of Texas for our retirement home. So I'll probably be interested in finding places in TX, AR, and OK.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You will not be far from Hot Springs either and there is some good trails there. Also do a search for the Kiamichi Trail (k-trail) that runs from OK to AR. All within a couple of hours.
If you are on facebook look up the North East Texas Jeepers

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You will not be far from Hot Springs either and there is some good trails there. Also do a search for the Kiamichi Trail (k-trail) that runs from OK to AR. All within a couple of hours.
If you are on facebook look up the North East Texas Jeepers
Great..! Thanks, I will when I finally get there.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
My understanding is that Superlift ORV is in Hot springs. It is supposed to be a good park as well. I think they hold a Jeep Jamboree there every year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts