Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brake pedal dropped to the floor on the way in to work this morning.

Time for some repairs and maintenance.

Brakes
Rear main seal
Turn signal switch
Shocks
Maybe new speakers

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
Brake pedal dropped to the floor on the way in to work this morning.

Time for some repairs and maintenance.

Brakes
Rear main seal
Turn signal switch
Shocks
Maybe new speakers
Sorry to hear that...(Brakes) I'm just finishing up work getting ready to get OUT for the winter, summertime sucks for putting around in the desert. We be lucky to find any mud, let alone snow...

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got a chance to look, and found a wet spot under the Driver's front wheel and a wet brake hose.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And... I have lost my locking lug wrench...

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
If you have Gorilla lugs, you can order from amazon, Discount or any real tire shop should have one in a pinch.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Take an impact socket just slightly too small to fit on the nut. Tap on with hammer. Take off nut. Tap nut out of socket while holding it in a vice.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have McGard, and I've sent them a pic of my spare. Hopefully they can ID and will send me a replacement.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Opened up the steering column today. I'm not seeing anything broken or missing. What should I be looking for when only the driver's side rear flasher and brake light won't flash or light up?

Attachments

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right, but there doesn't appear to be anything obviously wrong with it. All the contacts look clean and wires are intact. Does it just 'go bad' and need to be replaced?

·
Super Moderator
10,960 Posts
Switch the left taillight with the right taillight. If the left side (drivers side) works and the right side doesn't, go buy a left taillight. Put the right taillight back where it belongs and the replacement taillight on the left. (The right taillight won't have a license plate light).

If you switch the taillights and the left one still won't work, start following the circuit back until you find where you have power to the light. Repair as necessary.

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: rushwal

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've done most of that, just didn't think about switching out the housings.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I switched the housings this afternoon, and no change in function. I've ordered the turn signal switch. See if that fixes it.

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
Check your connections at the plug coming out of the steering column.
Also check the harness at the drivers rear where it goes from the top to under the tub for damaged wiring. My PO had added a trailer wiring harness there and it was shorting the brakes out occaisionall

Reactions: rushwal

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Before I removed the old turn signal switch, I plugged in the new one and no change in function. And now my brake lights have stopped working.

Haven't worked on it in a while. Need to get back on it. Get back on the road.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, got in contact with a local Jeeper, and he was able to help me find my bad connection. The power signal to the blinker was going into the Turn Signal Switch connector, but not coming out of the other side of the connector. Cleaned up the connections and it's working!

Reactions: Got it at last

·
Registered
322 Posts
Right, but there doesn't appear to be anything obviously wrong with it. All the contacts look clean and wires are intact. Does it just 'go bad' and need to be replaced?

But I thought earlier ????????

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had bought a new turn signal switch just to try it... Before changing it out, I hooked it up and there was no change in which lights were working. The problem was the connector the turn signal switch plugged into.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Battery died in my Civic the other day... Recently repaired Jeep to the rescue!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts