Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to have my 95 YJ towed home today by my hubby's 01 TJ. Not something I wanted to have to do. I bought it just last month, but didn't look it over with a fine tooth comb. I was going down the road and all of a sudden it started to sputter, like it wasn't getting enough gas. Hubby came to my rescue, trying to figure out what was going on. I know it needs a mass tune-up, seeing as there was rust in my wire going into my coil. So I guess I just wanted to see if anyone has ever had the problems I have. Also when I got my Jeep they replaced the ignition switch and it started to act up too.
:nonono::confused::hide::banghead:

·
Mr Jeepy of California
466 Posts
One problem can lead to another. I know the feeling. Easiest place to start is a HUGE tune up. Oil and gas change, spark plugs and wires, oil/gas filter change, cap/rotor, fuel pump, engine/radiator flush and pretty much anything else you can think of. Those items listed above might not be the problem but they will need to be changed in the future and hey all those things would be out of the way and it will make it easier to find the real problem.

You might be fine to who knows until you get your hands dirty. Always remember, ask questions, take pictures and Jeep on!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One problem can lead to another. I know the feeling. Easiest place to start is a HUGE tune up. Oil and gas change, spark plugs and wires, oil/gas filter change, cap/rotor, fuel pump, engine/radiator flush and pretty much anything else you can think of. Those items listed above might not be the problem but they will need to be changed in the future and hey all those things would be out of the way and it will make it easier to find the real problem.

You might be fine to who knows until you get your hands dirty. Always remember, ask questions, take pictures and Jeep on!
Thx. I already did an oil change, working on the tune-up. Small things first and easiest. Luck that my hubby has had a few Jeeps lol.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well finally I have my YJ running, well almost. I did a major tuneup. I also had to cut my exhaust off. Man my muffler was shot. All I need is to get a new exhaust and Hound will be on the road again. I'm sooooo happy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts