Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I use my parking break it snaps to the off position after a varied amount of time. It changes depending on how its parked (i.e. flat ground, incline, etc.). Is there a way to check/fix this? It keeps making my car alarm go off and its getting annoying. Any help is much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Might be time for a new parking brake assy. Mine was the same way and I just swapped it out. Unfortunately at the time all I could find was new. about 4!00 but I know you can find a good one in a yard. The locking mechanism is worn out or the teeth it sets into. Take a closde look. About 45 minutes to swap out and adjust the cable.

·
Registered
379 Posts
X2 on the recall, I had my replaced for free just a few monthes ago. I have a 91.

cb

·
Registered
192 Posts
i just put my vin in there and im due for a new park brake assembly, about time! iv been having this problem and it has bothered the crap out of me! thank you so much az zoner

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I should type mine in. Mines done that twice now since I've owned it. About 2 months now. Luckily I always set it in first or reverse depending on what's in front or behind me (incase I drop the clutch in gear)

I'd rather just look stupid and not hit anything.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Your welcome. I also got a new cat that was on recall too! Good deal for a 21 year old vehicle.

cb

i just put my vin in there and im due for a new park brake assembly, about time! iv been having this problem and it has bothered the crap out of me! thank you so much az zoner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts