Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a 02 tj and my parking brake sensor has never worked while I've owned it. Well it was never an issue for me until I converted the drums to disc. My parking brake now will hold you on a hill but you can barely noticed it if you leave it on while driving. So while looking around for the issue I pulled the center console and the sensor was in the proper place and not bent to connector that i'm guessing should have at least one wire is cut and the wire is no where to be found. I found a plug by the airbag switch that has nothing plugged in. Can I buy the wire new and is the terminal close to the airbag switch harness the one to plug it into? Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found the connector for the parking sensor and it has wires attached. Does anyone have a diagram for the parking brake sensor circuit?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Or would I be better off finding the end on the old wire and using a spade connector to hook up to the parking brake sensor?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would find the end of the old wire. You might find it in the wire bundle to the sub woofer if you have one.
Btw, the plug you see by the airbag switch is for the shifter light on the console for an automatic. it's short and has an orange and a black wire.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would find the end of the old wire. You might find it in the wire bundle to the sub woofer if you have one.
Btw, the plug you see by the airbag switch is for the shifter light on the console for an automatic. it's short and has an orange and a black wire.
No I don't have a factory sub and the connector is orange and black. Thanks this weekend I'm gonna try to track down the wire and solder another wire to the sensor and use a spade terminal to fix my issue. Thanks!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts