Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have an XpressKit DB-ALL installed working as a remote starter. I need to tap into the parking light wire so they come on when the DB-ALL is doing its thing. So, on a 2012 JKU, where is the positive parking light wire?

·
dirt road inspector
3,007 Posts
I have been advised to NOT tap into any part of a JK wiring harness. I wanted to use the low beam wire to activate my Warn wireless driving lights. I was told not to do it.
Others with plenty more savvy that I will jump in here and tell you the details.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Just installed the same on 2012. The positive parking light wire was on the passenger side front near where you disconnect the harness when removing the door. I forget the color but it was the same as listed in the DBALL instructions. No problems so far with tapping into it. I guess time will tell.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pictures of where parking light wire is

I have installed aftermarket door locks on my 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport and need to find the parking light wire under the dash to attach the control module to. This way when I trigger the lock my parking lights will flash. I have installed everything including the relay for the flashing lights. I just need to find where the parking light wire is under the dash close to the steering wheel. if anyone has pics. of the location, it would be very helpful.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just installed the same on 2012. The positive parking light wire was on the passenger side front near where you disconnect the harness when removing the door. I forget the color but it was the same as listed in the DBALL instructions. No problems so far with tapping into it. I guess time will tell.
Pictures of where parking light wire is

I have installed aftermarket door locks on my 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport and need to find the parking light wire under the dash to attach the control module to. This way when I trigger the lock my parking lights will flash. I have installed everything including the relay for the flashing lights. I just need to find where the parking light wire is under the dash close to the steering wheel. if anyone has pics. of the location, it would be very helpful.
I am working a similar install on my 2014 JK. Did you ever find the parking light wire under dash? Thanks, DiNo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts