Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In order to park in my schools parking lot I have to have one of those passes that goes on the rear view mirror... I'm worried that the pass will get stolen out of my topless jeep... Anyone have any ideas on how to stop this from happening?

·
Registered
972 Posts
Hire a midget to sit in the jeep?
Maybe give him a board with a nail in it?

·
Registered
487 Posts
I put mine in the console when I have no doors/top. The security guards at my school either love the jeep or know it pretty well because of the bright red lol so no issues; could try that route. If you must have it though, I'd tie-wrap it to the mirror or visor somehow - I doubt anyone would have the tools (knife/scissors) to clip it out.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Get a pink hi-liter and color it.
No one will steal it if they can't use it.
If it does get stole just walk thru the lot looking for pink (take the midget with you).

If it doesn't have an identifying number or code on it, you might want to sign it too. :thumb:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I lost mine going down the road with the top and doors off but never cared to replace it or worry about it. I'm sure my high school is probably more laid back.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
The kids at my sons HS cut the permits and tape them inside the glass above the mirror. Gotta love it when you see 5 Jeeps in row like that! Been told nobody dares mess with those Jeeps.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Find a SUPERHOT girlfriend with HUGE knockers ...hide it in her bra while your'e in class....problem solved kido!

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I had the same kind at my school. I just put it on and then put a piece of black duct tape over the slit. I did it so I wouldn't lose it while topless and doorless on the interstate. Nobody ever messed with it during the 2 years it was on there. My school was pretty small though. Everybody knew my Jeep and never screwed with it. Except my buddies sometimes rolled it around the parking lot all in good fun, but that's a different story lol.

P.S. The duct tape like melted/fused with the plastic pass and when I went to remove it, I accidentally ripped my rear view mirror off.:doh: Just be careful lol.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hook up a electric fencer to your jeep....problem solved

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
I taped my high school one to my windshield and never had an issue. In college though it's the ones you hang, but they are worthless to steal because they are tied to license plates. The parking people drive around in Prius' that have cameras on them that cross reference the plate number with those in your account.

·
Registered
94 Posts
have a wire attached to the permit which when pulled, will trigger an explosion of neon green paint. Just make sure to have some seat covers on beforehand

·
Registered
530 Posts
Get rubber cement. Put it on your fingers. Make tiny "booger-balls." Stick them all over the permit. Ta-da! No one will touch it. Make sure to explain it is not a real booger collection to any dates.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Hole punch it and zip tie it to the mirror.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Take it with you when you leave the jeep, or trade in the Jeep for a minivan where you can lock the doors. Other than that, not much you can do.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts