Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All...So I have a slight leak on my front passenger side (2-dr) I need to get fixed. Problem is, I just installed a Garvin rack and don't really want the dealership messing with it (it has to be unbolted in the front and folded back to access soft top) so I am hoping I can just get the part to fix it myself.

I know what the issue is. The foam weatherstripping that is applied to the front corner above the passenger door wasn't applied right and it got stuck to the soft top itself, so the weatherstripping is folded over on itself and lifts up with the soft top when you open it. So it's clearly not getting a good seal. It seems easy enough to just pull it off and put the new weather stripping on myself...

Does anyone know what this part is and where I can order it? Or do you think the dealer would just sell it to me?

I'm taking the jeep in this week to get my parking brake fixed and an oil change, cause my oil change light came on at about 3,500 miles and I have an offer form the dealer for $54.95 to scope engine to spec, change oil and filter, inspect/adjust all belts, check fluids, clean crankcase breather, and a few other odds and ends so I figured I'd take advantage of it.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
68026937aa

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey All...So I have a slight leak on my front passenger side (2-dr) I need to get fixed. Problem is, I just installed a Garvin rack and don't really want the dealership messing with it (it has to be unbolted in the front and folded back to access soft top) so I am hoping I can just get the part to fix it myself.

I know what the issue is. The foam weatherstripping that is applied to the front corner above the passenger door wasn't applied right and it got stuck to the soft top itself, so the weatherstripping is folded over on itself and lifts up with the soft top when you open it. So it's clearly not getting a good seal. It seems easy enough to just pull it off and put the new weather stripping on myself...

Does anyone know what this part is and where I can order it? Or do you think the dealer would just sell it to me?

I'm taking the jeep in this week to get my parking brake fixed and an oil change, cause my oil change light came on at about 3,500 miles and I have an offer form the dealer for $54.95 to scope engine to spec, change oil and filter, inspect/adjust all belts, check fluids, clean crankcase breather, and a few other odds and ends so I figured I'd take advantage of it.
Think you can post some before/after on the job? I think I have a leak in the same spot. Would like to see some pictures. Thanks.

·
The Bad Guy
23,247 Posts
Go to home depot and get a whole roll of it for $5.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, fellas. After googling that part # I see a lot of folks did what Daggo is suggesting and just pick up the weather stripping from Home Depot. I might just go this route. My leak isn't bad, and only leaks when the wind/rain blows a certain way, but I'm a perfectionist. AND I have an amp installed under my passenger seat for now, so I really don't want it to get worse and come out to a toasted amp. Water pooled on the passenger door handle recess when it did leak.

If I do this myself I will definitely post pics. Seems like from reading some other forums that folks had limited success but in a lot of those cases their leaks seemed worse than mine to begin with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts