Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had limited interested in my fully loaded and upgraded 2015 JKUR, with my highest offer being KBB dealer trade-in value. So realizing that I will probably get zero return for $15,000 worth of mods, I am reaching out to the brain trusts on this forum to ask which of the following items are worth removing and selling individually before giving in to low ball offers, (it is probably safe to assume the 3 inch lift and tires/rims need to stay on?):

Front and Back Black ARB Dana 44 Differential Covers
Bushwhacker Jeep JK Unlimited Flat Fender Flares
Rugged Ridge Black Billet Aluminum Grille Inserts
Rampage Locking Hood Catch Set
AMI Black Billet Locking Fuel Door
Rugged Ridge Tow Hook
KC Halites 5” Apollo Pro Long Range Lights and Brackets (not installed)
Firestik 2' CB antenna
JK CB Antenna Fender Mount (AUJ1)
Trailer Hitch
Smittybilt CRES HD Cargo Net
AirWerks Dual 400C 2.0 Gallon Jeep Bolt On Compressor hidden under Jeep
Wolo 847 Air Horn System - stock horn still controlled by steering wheel
Harken Holster Freedom Top Lift
Rain Gear Trail Jeep Cover
Smittybilt X20 10,000 lb Winch, Synthetic Line
UnderCoverFab engine/transmission skid plate
EVO Transmission Crossmember
RUGGED TUFF (Star) DEAD PEDAL
Mopar SLUSH MATS (82213861)
Audiovox CMOS2 Backup Camera Via Navigation Screen
MyGIG LOCKPICK V.5
Kenwood KAC-7005PS 5 Channel Amplifier w/ installation plate under passenger seat
Kicker CompR Subwoofer under rear seat
AudioControl LC7i 6 Channel Line Output Converter with ACR-1
Radio Shack TRC-479 CB radio
Gibson Performance Black Ceramic Split Rear Exhaust
SuperChips Jeep Flashcal 3570 Engine Tuner System

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Over the years and various upgrades I've been able to sell pretty much everything I've taken off my JK. Some for up to 3/4 of their original value.

Now I was taking parts off my JK to replace them with other parts, so my time and labor wasn't as much of a consideration. With that said if you don't mind putting in the time and effort (how much is your time worth?) I believe you should have no problem selling the following:

Front and Back Black ARB Dana 44 Differential Covers
Rugged Ridge Black Billet Aluminum Grille Inserts
Rampage Locking Hood Catch Set
AMI Black Billet Locking Fuel Door
Rugged Ridge Tow Hook
KC Halites 5” Apollo Pro Long Range Lights and Brackets (not installed)
Firestik 2' CB antenna
JK CB Antenna Fender Mount (AUJ1)
Trailer Hitch
Smittybilt CRES HD Cargo Net
AirWerks Dual 400C 2.0 Gallon Jeep Bolt On Compressor hidden under Jeep
Rain Gear Trail Jeep Cover
Smittybilt X20 10,000 lb Winch, Synthetic Line
UnderCoverFab engine/transmission skid plate
EVO Transmission Crossmember
RUGGED TUFF (Star) DEAD PEDAL
Mopar SLUSH MATS (82213861)

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I've always sold my jeeps with all of the mods on them. There are plenty of dealerships and private buyers that are more than willing to pay for a modified jeep.

Reactions: dawhitesJKU

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
If it were me, and I had the time available to un-modify it, I would pull most of the stuff that you have on the list. Especially the stuff that's small enough to ship without breaking the bank.

I wouldn't pull the electrical stuff. I doubt that most folks would want to buy something like a lockpic or stereo equipment used.

·
Administrator
42,613 Posts
I have had limited interested in my fully loaded and upgraded 2015 JKUR, with my highest offer being KBB dealer trade-in value. So realizing that I will probably get zero return for $15,000 worth of mods, I am reaching out to the brain trusts on this forum to ask which of the following items are worth removing and selling individually before giving in to low ball offers, (it is probably safe to assume the 3 inch lift and tires/rims need to stay on?):
Sorry to hear you are getting out of Jeeping ULEWZ.

This thread is okay but we don't want folks selling on the open forum per the Forum Rules. If it starts turning into a sales thread, it will need to be moved into the For Sale section or shut down and a new one started.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry to hear you are getting out of Jeeping ULEWZ.

This thread is okay but we don't want folks selling on the open forum per the Forum Rules. If it starts turning into a sales thread, it will need to be moved into the For Sale section or shut down and a new one started.
Fare, enough. It was not intended to be a sales thread. I have it listed in the for sale section.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I know with motorcycles it's always better to pull any modifications you can getting back as close to stock form. That is if you want to get more money and you have the time to do it. You can probably sell your Jeep for pretty close to the same amounts fully loaded or stock.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know with motorcycles it's always better to pull any modifications you can getting back as close to stock form. That is if you want to get more money and you have the time to do it. You can probably sell your Jeep for pretty close to the same amounts fully loaded or stock.
That's what I was thinking. Will be pulling some things off like the onboard air, and aluminum skid plate. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
There is always some buyer out there, somewhere, wanting yours with cash to burn. However, it could be a long time in connecting up them. The way I think of the mod question is:

Some buyers have no interest in mods, and therefore aren't willing to pay extra for yours.

Some buyers want mods, but not the exact ones you chose, and therefore aren't willing to pay extra for yours.

Some buyers want the exact mods you choose, but are nervous/worried about the risk in the quality of installation of yours, and therefore aren't willing to pay extra for yours.

Reactions: dawhitesJKU

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the advice. Will probably take a huge hit and trade it in or go to Carmax. Jeeps only hold their value if there are buyers for them. To bad, I could make somebody a huge deal.

·
Retired Moderator
100,708 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.