Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is an early Christmas for me.
I came home to find my RC 4" lift kit, RC Performance 2.2 steering stabilizer, Energy Suspension front and rear upper shackle bushings, new tailgate hinges, replacement windshield brackets (sanded and ready to paint black), replacement 0" front and rear shackles (painted red, used caliper paint with ceramic), Prothane body mounts, 5 red shock boot covers (almost forgot the one for steering stabilizer) and yesterday I picked up a pair of Polk DXi 460 & DXi 525's Marine Grade speakers. Whewww
WOW, happy boy!!
I'm off to Lowes to get some Grade 8 bolts and nuts for body mounts and ponder how I am going to do all this! I need a mechanic friend who knows the tips and tricks on these installs.
Body mount should be straight forward. I can get my hands dirty no problem, but I'm not a mechanic per say.
Anyone in Tampa/ Clearwater do an install for lift kit?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Lucky man to have that much fun staring you in the face. All that is left is some cold beer!!! Unfortunately I am in Vegas.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I got a new set of springs coming in on Thursday. Do I hear the beginning of a lift party?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Beer I have, may need more tho! STEVE0!!! How goes? Your in Florida, right? Maybe we can do a group grope lift fest. Done one before? Have shop/ tools? Unfortunately I only have hand tools :(

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Stunmansjeep. Going to be a blast! But, I fear it may be 3 weeks till I can get it done. :( booo. Going to be painful seeing all these goodies on my floor every day!
Hey guys, what do you think about me painting the shocks red? Put a little color under the jeep. Since I heard the boot covers are not always a good idea (hold in moisture and mud) so if I take them off there will still be some color.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Korringadinga said:
Beer I have, may need more tho! STEVE0!!! How goes? Your in Florida, right? Maybe we can do a group grope lift fest. Done one before? Have shop/ tools? Unfortunately I only have hand tools :(
Yeah I've only got hand tools too. But this will be my third time lifting a YJ. I can tell you already you will want a grinder, torch and a lot more beer. :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Grinder I have, beer can get and torch I have is one of those soldering torches. But I am assuming that would work since I would be heating bolts not slicing them.
And guess what I found out last night??? One of my exhaust hangers broke, so I went and got a pair of new ones. Went home, allowed jeep to cool. Climbed under and the last monkey who did the exhaust did such a bung hole job the hanger is actually 7" off. Now off to muffler monkey to repair the bunged up job :(.
My motto, DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, cause if you didn't have the time or money to do it right, where do you find the time or money to do it AGAIN!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very nice BCDonny! Nice looking jeep too. I kinda wish mine was carborated, I prefer the look. but oh well. Ya parts are growing and I am ordering more today! I need to have a jeep install party! Any takers?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
YAY DCDonny, but ummm your in Canada! Lol

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Question, my rear window washer fluid runs out of the connection that is right at the pass through from the cab to inside the drivers rear corner. I need to replace the connector or hose nipple but cant find the part. Anyone replace that before?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts