Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2003 Jeep Sahara. The place where the Passenger Airbag Switch is supposed to be is just a blank plate. Can I remove this plate? If so how do I do it.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
We have a 04 Wrangler, and it does not have a switch for the passenger air bag either. The only thing that I have taken apart on the dash so far, is the panels on either side of the steering column. I flush mounted some toggle switches for night wheeling. I am pretty sure that you can take your whole dash apart though. Just have a lot of patience and time.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Are you talking about the plate where i've got a switch and an outlet mounted?

If that's what you are talking about it is not a seperate plate. It is part of that whole dash piece and can be cut out if needed.

·
Registered
876 Posts
bluvikng said:
What did you do, mount a invertor under the hood? That looks like a great idea.
Yup, invertor under the hood and a cheep outlet from the electronics store and removed the on off switch and mounted it there also. That's the red switch in the pic. I unistalled it from the invertor. It's great for various dodads or charging a laptop or phone or for my lighted christmas wreath that mounts to the grill at Christmas time. :D It plugs directly into the invertor under the hood.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts