Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read that removing the passenger seat bolts is difficult, some even said the bolts might be loctited in.

Is there a worry that bolt might break upon attempted removal?

Otherwise is there a special removal procedure e.g. applying heat the bolt to poasibly melt the loctite (if there is really loctite there).

By the way, has anyone who has removed the seat noticed any adhesive residue on the seat bolt's thread?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I read that removing the passenger seat bolts is difficult, some even said the bolts might be loctited in.

Is there a worry that bolt might break upon attempted removal?

Otherwise is there a special removal procedure e.g. applying heat the bolt to poasibly melt the loctite (if there is really loctite there).

By the way, has anyone who has removed the seat noticed any adhesive residue on the seat bolt's thread?
You mean the front passenger seat? I took mine out to clean it when my bro puked on it. 2015.. it was very easy to take out, just a few bolts, wire plug, and it came right out. Don't know where you read it was hard because it isn't. Especially if you take the door off first.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, front passenger seat. I googled and some guy said he used a 4 feet breaker bar and it was still hard. Maybe it was on the 1st gen JK. Anyway, thanks for the reply. This is good news.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
The seat bolts have a coating on them so they don't 'work loose' during everyday driving. They might be hard to get started but they come right out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts