Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears that my sway bar link is touching the spring on the passenger side because of a smaller body spacer than on the driver side. This has been the case for a while, but only now did I find the cause of it.

Where can I buy a new body spacer? Is this something I can install myself?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks ok in the picture, but it is more compressed than the other side which makes the vehicle sag a little and my swaybars hit my coil spring.

Would this be a hard install, given that the body sort of puts pressure on this part?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm 99% sure, but can you confirm that jacking by the passenger side frame will be enough to take the pressure off. I don't know where else I can jack it from to get it closer to the actual point where pressure needs to be relieved.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
It looks ok in the picture, but it is more compressed than the other side which makes the vehicle sag a little and my swaybars hit my coil spring. Would this be a hard install, given that the body sort of puts pressure on this part?
Hold on...how is a compressed body mount making your sway bar hit your coil spring? The body mounts would have nothing to do with this, it would be the suspension sagging causing that.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hold on...how is a compressed body mount making your sway bar hit your coil spring? The body mounts would have nothing to do with this, it would be the suspension sagging causing that.
I did a little size comparison between the body spacers on each side, and the passenger side one is more compressed than the driver side.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good point. OP take this and compare your stock coil heights
The reason why I believe it is not a suspension issue is because the body is a bit lower on the passenger side and that would cause the sway bar to be lower, thereby pushing the sway bar link back into the coil because that is the only direction it could go in.

But I will measure the length of both shocks to see if it is actually a coil spring problem as well.

·
Registered
511 Posts
The reason why I believe it is not a suspension issue is because the body is a bit lower on the passenger side and that would cause the sway bar to be lower, thereby pushing the sway bar link back into the coil because that is the only direction it could go in.
No you are wrong.

Swaybar mounts are bolted to the frame rails, not the body. None of the suspension touches or is mounted to the body.

You could 100% remove the body from the frame and you would possibly STILL have the issue that you have.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
No you are wrong. Swaybar mounts are bolted to the frame rails, not the body. None of the suspension touches or is mounted to the body. You could 100% remove the body from the frame and you would possibly STILL have the issue that you have.
X2, interference with the spring and sway bar will have zippy to do with the body.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Now that I think more deeply about it, that does make sense. It has been like this for a while. I centered the axle a long time ago, but will take off the trackbar and do the shake over again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts