Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, we've finally had an issue with the 2017 JKU Sport S we bought over 2 years ago - the passenger side rear door appears to be stuck in the closed/locked condition. pressing the unlock button will unlock all the doors EXCEPT the passenger rear door, and pulling on the handle on the door does nothing. Any ideas on what might be causing this? I'm thinking it's probably the locking mechanism, probably the motor or other electronics. Is it something that can be fixed at home, or am I better off letting the dealer handle it?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The doors have not been off in the 2 years we've owned it - it's prior life was as an Enterprise rental in Lahaina, Hawaii so I don't nkow if the doors were ever removed back then.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How difficult is it to remove the door panel when the door is locked closed? If I have to remove the door, can that be done with the latch locked? I'm thinking I might just take it to the dealer and hope it doesn't cost too much...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts