Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,458 Posts
No. When the door is locked, even if you removed the four screws that attache the hinges to the door, there is still the latch mechanism that grabs the loop on the back of the opening. Look at the latch and loop on the front door. If the latch is accidentally closed you can't close the door until the latch is released by using either of the door handles.

I have never removed the door card from the inside of a JK, but looking at mine, there is one screw in the front bottom corner. Maybe someone who has had experience and chime in, or you can ask around. I didn't find any other screws. They are hidden.

Maybe this will help:

·
Premium Member
9,458 Posts
One thing I noticed when I was researching online is that the JK uses cables not rods as the previous CJ-7, YJ and TJ doors did. If that cable broke or came undone the lock most likely will not work either electrically or manually and the neither the inside nor outside handles will work. But removing the door panel will tell you what the issue is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts