Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I am sure there is a thread on here about this somewhere but I can't seem to find it. Wife's 08 JKU Sahara is giving me a real headache, I have replaced both bulbs and have cleaned all the contacts and have even traced the wiring back some; I can't get the passenger turn signal to stop hyper flashing. It is super intermittent and she has almost gotten pulled over several times now because of it. She has a trailer harness on it which I even tried eliminating and have had no success fixing this issue. Fuses all look good too but this dam thing doesn't wanna stay consistent! :atomic:

Side note, Hitting the rear tail light sometimes fixes the rear, and running the headlights seems to make the situation worse and I can almost always guarantee it not working with them on.

Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am sure you know this already, but rapid flashing is an indication of another dead bulb on the same circuit. Have you looked at all of them?
Did you switch to LED bulbs?
Something is telling the circuit there is a problem. Disconnecting the trailer harness was a good test.
Ken

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Try your MF switch. When they go it seems as the Jeep is posessed. All sorts of unexplainable things start happening. About $50 and three screws to replace.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Hi Guys, I am sure there is a thread on here about this somewhere but I can't seem to find it. Wife's 08 JKU Sahara is giving me a real headache, I have replaced both bulbs and have cleaned all the contacts and have even traced the wiring back some; I can't get the passenger turn signal to stop hyper flashing. It is super intermittent and she has almost gotten pulled over several times now because of it. She has a trailer harness on it which I even tried eliminating and have had no success fixing this issue. Fuses all look good too but this dam thing doesn't wanna stay consistent! :atomic:

Side note, Hitting the rear tail light sometimes fixes the rear, and running the headlights seems to make the situation worse and I can almost always guarantee it not working with them on.

Thanks in advance guys!

based on your information you provided your MF switch (turn signal stalk) is showing possible signs of failure, I would suggest replacing it, as a poster above stated when the MF switch starts to go it does make the Jeep act in odd ways, mine when it started going was cutting out the fogs randomly) but thankfully it got replaced under a buyers warranty...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts