Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my dad and brother Think I got ripped of when I bought my jeep in jan 08. I bought for $3000 and it is a 1988 jeep wrangler 4.2 5spd heres the past present future. Tell me if you think I got ripped off or not I dont think so.

Pros of purchase day (past)
1. Rebuilt 4.2 with 12000 miles
2. Rebuilt 5spd ax-15 tranny
3. cv style rear driveshaft
4. rear pinion yoke angled the right way
5. soa lift
6. 2.5" lift leafs
7. 33" wild cat ext tires 85% tread in rear 50% in front
8. modern black powder coat rims
9. new paint
10. Besttop softtop
11. bestop seats
12. Hercule liner tub
13. New webber carb
14. Rancho shocks
15. cobra cb
16. Had reciepts for everything
17. Heat works

Cons

1. No 4wd lever
2. No passenger side mirror
3. The kid painted the car and did the body work himself so the paint has runs in the rear and the bondo is noticable on driver side rocker and door.
4. Moldy dash and door panles
5. No bumpers
6. No track bars
7. No extended pitman
8. Softtop windows have scratches
9. half the vacuum isn't hooked up
10. Had 182000 miles on body
11. No cd player

since then I have done the following (I know what your thinking, another list! I cant help im having fun.)
Present
1. New procomp bumpers rear and front $200
2. Tared frame and underbody $350
3. New mirrors $100
4. Cleaned mold off dash with purple power $5
5. Changed tie rods $180
6. Bought new front turn signal sockets $85
7. Installed cd player $0
8. installed 4 new speakers 0$

Guess what I have another list future mods within a year
Future 1yr
1. Front and rear track bars
2. extended dropped pitman
4. New Re super duty leafs
5. skyjacker 5th link traction bar
6. new steering wheel
7. speaker bar
8. Rancho rs9000x shocks 34" extended!
9. Dropped drag link
10. front sway bar
11. 4wd lever

Well that was fun yes I'am bored. Lets see you guys do past present future list from when you bought your jeep to now. thanx for reading

·
Registered
43 Posts
Seems like a deal to me as long as the body isn't too bad. You havnt hit the $2000.00 mark yet and I don't think you will for some time. As for the vacum!?. Find a jeep like yours and see where it needs to go. Thats the easy way.

I have a 1994. I like the old roll bars better. They have the classic look!

dAvE

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
Well, as long as YOU bought it and YOU are happy with it, I'd say tell them to P*ss off.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Bro you got a good deal!! As long as its not rusted out...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The the jeep had no rust at all, the owner loved the car it was actually his first car and had it for 10 years and had invested $10,0000 over the years. When I got the car the frame already had undercoat and you could tell it wasn't spraid over rust becuase it was smooth and for the body you could see shiny like new metal. So that is the main reason why I bought such an old car is that it had no rust and a new tranny and engine was a plus. Thanx for the input and I'am happy with it inspite of what the know-it-alls say its a jeep and I love it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems like a deal to me as long as the body isn't too bad. You havnt hit the $2000.00 mark yet and I don't think you will for some time. As for the vacum!?. Find a jeep like yours and see where it needs to go. Thats the easy way.

I have a 1994. I like the old roll bars better. They have the classic look!

dAvE
Its funny you say that because I'm going to my bank today to apply for a $2000 personal load just for my girl.:D

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
You have at least 2 of the 3k invested in the SOA, seats and top. Sound like a good deal to me.

Just thought you should know, the '88 YJ has the Puegot BA-10 trans, not the AX-15. Unless he swapped in the AX-15 himself.

·
Registered
389 Posts
You have at least 2 of the 3k invested in the SOA, seats and top. Sound like a good deal to me.

Just thought you should know, the '88 YJ has the Puegot BA-10 trans, not the AX-15. Unless he swapped in the AX-15 himself.
I was thinkin the same thing! I am currently in the process of changing out the junky BA10 for the AX15.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

yah he did swap guess i didn't mention thanx for the input

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do any of you guys know if you need a longer track bar for a lifted jeep sorry for the dumb question but im desperate.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I cant find anything for an extended rear tb thats why I asked I guess I'll look for the brackets and get a stock tb

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Doesn't sound too bad

~Lev

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know its a jeep and not a miate also dont expect the jeep to handle like a porsche but I want the track bars just for the experience and the extra stability and protection. Thanx for the input though.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
sounds like a good deal i actually spent 3k on my 90 2.5 low output piece. no rust or anything. lifted and bigger tires and a winch. i just spent about 2500 on an 4.0l swap with tranny and all. but anyway. if you could get rid of the carb and swap in an aftermarket fuel injection (throttle body) that would be ideal. anyway just my 2cents worth awsome deal and welcome to the money trap.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Did it come with no trac bars and no sway bars? If you got the sway bars then just run those on the road and forget about the trac bars.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts