Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with both the Patagonia MT and Wildpeak MT. I have a set of Patagonias in 285/70 E load and overall they're fine but there's a little squirm that wasn't there with the stock tires. My wife's JKU doesn't experience it. I believe I read that the 35's are D load which may be better. For about the same price as a new set of Pats, I can buy a set of JL rubicon takeoffs with 35" Wildpeak MT's. I have the Widpeak AT3w's on my wife's JKU and they're great, but I've never experienced the MT's. Any feedback you have is appreciated.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Never tried the Pat's but "lite brite nation" has nothing but high recommendation for them. Interesting note to them though. Apprently they are naturally rounded to eliminate road noise so don't chalk test them.

·
Super Moderator
14,864 Posts
I have not had them on the same Jeep, but they are my 2 favorite MT's. The Falkens run very straight, are reasonably quiet and work well offroad. The Pat's are my current go to tire, have a set on my JKU and just bought another set of 35's for my LJ that being built right now. They are the smoothest and quietest MT I've seen. Both are somewhat rounded profile tires and that's what makes them ride so nice. They also both have a slightly narrower tread width than many other tires in comparable sizes. That doesn't bother me at all. At the shop, if we have a Jeep that is exhibiting a pull that we think might be tire related, we always throw on a set of Falken's, if the pull was tire related, it's gone with the Falkens.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have 35” Falken M/Ts on a JKU and 33” Patagonia’s on a JK

I like the look of the Patagonia’s better, and they seem to wear better.

I may actually get some Gladiator X-Comps for the JKU when the time comes though.

·
Super Moderator
14,864 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
I think they are comparable on comfort, but I'd say the patagonia's are a bit more quiet...
I can attest to the fact that the Patagonia’s are quieter, but the comparison of 15k mile 35” worn Falkens vs the new 33” Pats may be a factor on mine.

Long story short though, I’d be fine recommending the Patagonia now, with limited use...... but wouldn’t recommend the Falkens based on price and what else is out there

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm.. Thanks guys. Appreciate the feedback. After having such good results with the Wildpeak AT3w on the wife's JKU, I was thinking about trying a set of the MT's, but I guess I'll stick with another set of the Patagonias. I'm not sure I want to convert to the AT3W on my JK. I've not yet been able to try any challenging trails, but the places I normally go get pretty muddy with just a little rain. I'm wrapping up the install of my Mopar lift so looking to step up to 35's. I saw a sale on the Pats so I should probably pull the trigger and place the order.

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
They are made in mainland China.

·
Super Moderator
14,864 Posts

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I just ordered another set of Pats. Best all-around tire on the market at the moment especially for the money. Last set I bought was not made in China. Are you saying that they are now making them in China?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can attest to the fact that the Patagonia’s are quieter, but the comparison of 15k mile 35” worn Falkens vs the new 33” Pats may be a factor on mine.

Long story short though, I’d be fine recommending the Patagonia now, with limited use...... but wouldn’t recommend the Falkens based on price and what else is out there

I picked up set of JL rubicon wheels with 35" Wildpeak MT's with 3k miles. They are definitely louder than the Patagonias. They seem like they may be a hair more stable than the Pats on road and are great on smooth roads, but they do not absorb road impacts as well as the Patagonias. Oh, and they're HEAVY, ~7lbs more than a 315/70 Patagonia. Can't wait to hit the trails. We've had a lot of rain around here so the ground is very soft. Last 2 times I've been out, I got stuck. Interested to see how the Falkens fare.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts